Boys All Levels Swim & Dive
It may seem like winter, but swim and dive season is just around the corner. In fact, the first official day of spring season is Monday, February 25! Are you ready?
- Sports Physical - you must have a current sports physical that was conducted within the last year on file with the school. Ideally, the physical should be dated after May 18, 2018, as that will cover our entire season. If you don't have a current physical, or if it will expire soon, make an appointment with your healthcare provider today!
- Athletics Registration - in addition to a current sports physical, you'll need to complete your Windsor HS athletics registration. The window usually opens up in early- to mid-February, so keep watching WindsorWizards.org and the school's daily announcements for more information. You may not participate in official practices or meets without completing registration.
- Gear Check - if you've stayed active in the pool, you probably have a pretty good handle on the status of your suit, but if the last time you looked at your suit was as you took it off after Conference or State, you may have some work to do. Does your practice suit fit, or is it time for a new one? While you're at it, how about your goggles? It may be time to visit your local swim shop or sporting goods store. While you're there, remember that we highly encourage swimmers to have their own equipment (limited equipment is available for checkout if necessary)
- Mesh gear bag
- Swim snorkel
- Pull buoy
If you have questions on any of the items listed above, don't hesitate to reach out to a member of the coaching staff! We're looking forward to seeing you soon. Optional preseason starts on Monday, February 11 for swimmers and Tuesday, February 19 for divers.
The 2019 Season Schedule has been posted on our website at windsorwizards.org.
Please note that all meets are subject to change, and some meets, especially invitationals, are best guesses as to dates/times. For that reason, athletes and parents are strongly encouraged to utilize windsorwizards.org as the primary schedule source -- printed schedules may be out of date! Of note, the Longmont Centennial Pool has been closed due to flooding-related damage since August 2018. As a result, and depending on repair progress, the 3/21 dual meet at Silver Creek may be switched to a home meet.
Why doesn't the schedule on WindsorWizards.org match the schedule on MaxPreps.com?
Our official site, WindsorWizards.org, affords a greater degree of flexibility with regards to meet schedules. MaxPreps is the official state qualifier database for CHSAA and cannot contain extraneous information. As such, a meet with multiple sessions (e.g., diving on Friday and swimming on Saturday) will be represented as two entries on WindsorWizards.org but only one entry for the entire meet on MaxPreps.com.
Why do some meets have a score of "N/A" on WindsorWizards.org?
Because meet scores are based on the entire meet, individual meet sessions (e.g., prelims or diving only) will not reflect a score on our schedule. Only the last session of a particular meet will show a score.
When are meet results uploaded to MaxPreps?
It is the meet host's responsibility to upload results to MaxPreps. For home meets, we upload the results as part of the meet closeout process before leaving the pool (within minutes of the end of the meet). For away meets, results uploads have varied from almost immediate to a few weeks post-meet.
This year's schedule looks different? What's with our conference?
Windsor High School participates with the 4A Northern Conference for men's swimming and diving. Our conference consists of:
- Estes Park
- Greeley West*
- Mountain View (Loveland)
- Silver Creek (Longmont)
- Thompson Valley (Loveland)
- Valley (Gilcrest)
* denotes new to the conference this year
Will my athlete participate in all meets?
CHSAA limits swimmers and divers to a maximum of 11 meets exclusive of Conference and State Championship meets. It is entirely possible that we will schedule more than 11 meets, then determine the best meets for each athlete. If a team member will forced to miss a meet for a school-related activity, it is important to inform the coaching staff as soon as possible so that this can be taking into account while planning for meets.
Attention all men's swimmers and divers! Several swimmers and divers from our women's team helped time our meets last year -- it's time to return the favor. Please mark these home meets on your calendar and help out by timing:
|Thursday, Dec 6||vs. Longmont HS||5:00 PM|
|Thursday, Dec 13||vs. Silver Creek HS||5:00 PM|
|Saturday, Dec 22||Holiday Spectacular||10:00 AM|
|Tuesday, Jan 15||vs. Fossil Ridge||5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Jan 22||vs. Niwot||5:00 PM|
|Thursday, Jan 24||vs. Broomfield||5:00 PM|
Please be at least 20 minutes early so that you can help time.
Thanks in advance! We're excited to help support our swimming and diving friends!
We have a handful of W Monuments remaining. These beautiful pieces were custom made for Windsor High School Swimming and Diving, and are roughly 12" wide, 8-10" high, and 4" deep.
W Monuments are a great way to show off your Windsor Pride and make an excellent gift.
To purchase, contact Coach Trevor.
Our brand new pool is almost ready to go! Please join us for a short opening celebration. Windsor HS swimmers and divers are invited to join us for the inaugural pool jump.
Date: Monday, November 12, 2018
Time: 3:30 PM
Location: Windsor HS Pool
We're looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Note: Until the season officially starts, the meet schedule posted online is tentative and subject to change.
We are excited to introduce the Teams app by Max Preps. The Teams app will be used throughout the season for communication. To register, download the app (iOS | Android). Once installed, launch the app and follow instructions to create an account. Our team code is: BANJO-PURDA
If you do not wish to use the Teams app, communications will also be posted online at https://www.windsorwizards.org.
Download Teams from your app store: