Boys All Levels Swim & Dive
Please join us for the 2019 Men's Swimming & Diving End-of-Season Recognition Banquet on Wednesday, May 29th in the Windsor High School Innovation Center. RSVPs are due during regular practice time this afternoon. If you can't get the form and payment back to us today, please bring it tomorrow at the absolute latest. Forms can be turned in to the office (clearly marked "WHS Men's Swimming/Diving") or to the pool from 3:30 - 5:00 PM.
If your form did not make it home, or you need another copy, click here: 2019 Banquet Reservation Form
We've reached the end of our season, and Conference Championships are this weekend! Please note:
- Conference is held at Mountain View High School in Loveland
- Friday swim prelims begin at 4:30 PM (bus departs WHS at 2:00 PM)
- Saturday dive prelims begin at 9:00 AM (suburban departs WHS at 7:00 AM)
- Saturday finals session begins at 1:00 PM ** Note time change from original team schedule ** (bus departs WHS at 10:45 AM)
Admission is $6 for adults and $5 for students. Please come out, wear your Windsor gear, and support the team! See you there!
Save the date! Our end of season awards banquet will be Wednesday, May 29, at 6:00 PM in the new Windsor HS Innovation Center/Cafeteria, and will feature a Fuzzy's Taco Shop build-your-own-taco bar.
Additional information will be distributed at practice on Thursday, May 9.
The regular season ended this morning with the Thompson Valley Diving Invite, but we're not done yet!!! Conference is coming up on Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11. ALL swimmers and divers participate at the conference meet. Here are the details:
Equipment Check-in - Wednesday, May 8
All swimmers who have not yet achieved a state-qualifying time must check-in any team equipment by the end of practice on Wednesday, May 8.
Team Dinner & Shave Party - Thursday, May 9
Our Conference team dinner will be held at the Miller residence after practice on Thursday. All swimmers and divers should plan on attending. The address will be available at practice. Note that most swimmers shave their legs and heads for conference. Athletes should bring their own disposable razors and shaving cream. If you have hair clippers, please bring them too!
Conference Meet Information
Conference is a two-day, prelims/finals format meet. Swimmers will compete the entire meet on Friday afternoon; the top 24* swimmers in each event (not to exceed 4 per team) will return for the Saturday finals session. Divers compete their prelims on Saturday AM, with the top 24 advancing to the finals session.
* Top 24: Conference has historically been limited to the top 16 swimmers/divers in each event. With the addition of Greeley West and Broomfield to our conference, the conference athletic directors voted to include a third heat (a.k.a. "bonus heat") to the finals session.
Conference Swimming Prelims - Friday, May 10
- Swimmers & Divers -
Dismissal from school: 1:45 PM
Bus departs WHS bus loop: 2:00 PM
All swimmers and divers will participate in warm-up
Meet starts: 4:30 PM
Conference Diving Prelims - Saturday, May 11
- Divers Only -
School vehicle departs WHS: 7:00 AM
Diving prelims start: 9:00 AM
Conference Finals - Saturday, May 11
- All Swimmers regardless of qualification status -
Bus departs WHS student lot: 10:45 AM
Finals start: 1:00 PM
The season officially ends at the end of the Conference meet for swimmers and divers who have not yet achieved a state qualifying time/score.
The Mountain View Last Chance Invitational is this weekend. This meet is a prelims-finals format, meaning that swimming events will be competed twice. During the preliminary round on Friday afternoon, all swimmers will compete in their events. The top 24 swimmers in each event on Friday (not to exceed 4 swimmers from any given team) are advanced to the finals session on Saturday. During the finals session on Saturday morning, the top 24 swimmers will compete in a series of three heats in each event:
- Heat 1 - Bonus Heat consists of swimmers who finished between 17th and 24th place during prelims.
- Heat 2 - Consolation Heat consists of swimmers who finished between 9th and 16th place during prelims.
- Heat 3 - Finals Heat consists of swimmers who finished between 1st and 8th during prelims.
During the finals session, swimmers may not place outside of their heat (e.g., a swimmer in the bonus heat cannot win the event even if they swim the fastest time of all 24 swimmers).
Important Windsor HS notes for the MV Last Chance meet:
- Friday 4/26: Bus departs from WHS bus loop (front of school) at 1:45 PM.
- Saturday 4/27: Bus departs from WHS student lot (back of school) at 7:15 AM. Swimmers who do not qualify to swim on Saturday do not need to attend on Saturday.
The Weld County Meet is tomorrow morning (Saturday, April 20, 2019) at the Greeley Rec Center. Here are a few reminders:
- Team Dinner is TONIGHT at approximately 5:45 (after swim practice) at the Humphrey residence. Address will be provided on Teams and at practice.
- Divers need to meet at the WHS Student Parking Lot by 6:30 on Saturday AM for the County Meet. Diving warm-up is at 7:00 AM and the meet starts at 8:00 AM.
- Swimmers need to meet at the WHS Student Parking Lot by 8:20 on Saturday AM. Swim warm-up is at 9:00 AM and the meet starts at 10:00 AM.
- Athletes who live in Eaton or Greeley and will be meeting us at the meet -- the coaching staff needs a note from a parent/guardian by the end of the day today.
Due to the school closure today, practice and the team dinner scheduled for this evening have been cancelled. The team dinner has been rescheduled for Friday, April 19 after practice at the Humphrey residence.
The schedule for the rest of the week is as follows:
THU 4/18 - 5:00 PM Valley/Estes Park @ Windsor
FRI 4/19 - Regular practice schedule. Team dinner at Humphrey residence at approximately 5:45 PM
SAT 4/20 - Weld County Meet @ Greeley Rec Center (Diving - 8:00 AM; Swimming - 10:00 AM)
We've passed the halfway mark of the season, and are heading down the home stretch. Conference and State are starting to come into sight!
Attendance at practice is critical for the remainder of the season. The next few weeks are our PEAK training weeks, and serve as an important foundation before tapering for the last couple weeks. Please help ensure your swimmer/diver is staying healthy, attending practice, and keeping their grades up.
All swimmers and divers are expected to attend all of the remaining meets on the schedule with the exception of State (qualifying swimmers/divers only). However, please note:
Meet Participation Limit: Swimmers and divers may not participate in more than 11 meets exclusive of Conference and State. This season, we have 12 meets on the schedule. There are 5-6 swimmers who still need to miss a meet (these are swimmers who attended Dick Rush Memorial Invite and have not missed another meet). The coaching staff will work directly with impacted swimmers -- sit meets include vs Estes/Valley, Mountain View, and Longmont.
Prelims/Finals Format: The Mountain View Last Chance Invite, Conference, and State are all conducted in "Prelims/Finals Format". Swimming events are swum on day one of the meet, with the top 24 (MV), 16 (conference), and 20 (state) swimmers returning on day two. Divers compete these meets on day two only, with the first 8 dives during a prelims session, and the final 3 dives (if qualified) during the finals session with swimming. Swimmers are not required to attend day 2 of the MV Last Chance meet if they are not qualified to swim, but may attend if they wish. ALL swimmers and divers must attend the day 2 Finals Session of Conference regardless of qualifying status. ALL State swimmers and divers must attend the day 2 Finals Session of State regardless of qualifying status.
Due to inclement weather, all after-school activities and athletics, including swim and dive practice, have been cancelled for today, Wednesday, April 10th. School will continue to operate for the remainder of the day and dismissal will occur today at its normally scheduled time.
The Keith Wiedeman Invite is at the Greeley Rec Center on Friday (diving) and Saturday (swimming).
Swimmers should meet the bus at 7:20 AM on Saturday morning in the WHS Student Parking Lot. Those who live in Eaton or Greeley and would prefer to meet us at the Greeley Rec Center need to have a parent/guardian send the coaching staff an email in advance!
The timeline for Saturday's meet is approximately 12:00 PM.
Due to the school closure on Thursday, March 14, 2019, there will be no swimming or diving practice that afternoon. Please be ready to go on Friday!
We'll keep you posted on team picture rescheduling!
NO PRACTICE - WED 3/13
Because of the snowstorm and school closure, there is no practice this afternoon, Wednesday, March 13. Enjoy your day off!
TEAM PICTURES - THU 3/14
Don't forget that team pictures are at 3:30 on Thursday, March 14 (tomorrow). All swimmers and divers need to bring/wear their team suits (the last 3 suits that had been back-ordered have arrived and will be available at practice).
COACHES INVITE - SAT 3/23
Congrats to our Coaches Invite qualifiers. The following swimmers will be representing Windsor High School at the statewide invitational next weekend!
* Charlie Cox
* Daniel Daley
* Josh Dodrill
* Spencer Hays
* Bryce Humphrey
* Riley Miller
* Caiden Peterson
* Andrew Scoggin
* John Seaver
* Evan Spraker
All other swimmers and divers are excused from this meet.
SILVER CREEK DUAL MEET - THU 3/21
The venue for our dual meet next week is still unknown. If the Longmont Centennial Pool can be brought to operational status by this weekend, the meet will be in Longmont. If the pool is unable to open, this will be a home meet. We'll provide updates by Monday!
KING SOOPERS FUNDRAISING CHANGE
As you may be aware, King Soopers is changing their fundraising mechanism. They will no longer support the gift cards, relying instead on linking your Sooper Card to our team through their Community Rewards program. This makes saving for our team even more convenient! Please link your Sooper Card at your earliest convenience:
1. Visit kingsoopers.com and login to your account
2. Click on Community Rewards
3. Search for Windsor High School Men's Swimming & Diving (or our code: NB017)
4. Select our team to connect your Sooper Card to our Community Rewards!
Team pictures have been scheduled for Thursday, March 14 at 3:30 PM. Swimmers and divers need to wear their team suits for the group photo, then can change back to training suits for practice.
Studio 5 picture packets were handed out this week at practice. Extras are available from the team managers or coaching staff.
MI Sports will be at the Windsor HS pool on Wednesday, February 27 from 5:00-5:30 PM to take team suit and gear orders. All team suit orders must be submitted by 5:30 PM.
There will be a parent/guardian meeting at 5:30 PM, immediately following the suit orders. We're looking forward to seeing you there!
Spring Season 2019 has arrived! Regular season practices begin Monday, February 25, with swimming at 3:25 PM and diving at 4:30 PM. Unlike preseason camp, attendance at practice during the regular season is required. Swimmers and divers who have not completed the WHS athletics registration process will need to complete registration prior to participating in practice.
A Note About Team Gear
All swimmers and divers are required to have a team suit. Suits can be purchased from MI Sports (no later than Wednesday, Feb 27 when they'll be on-site). Athletes can select between polyester and Aquablade, and jammers and briefs.
In addition to suits, swimmers are strongly encouraged to provide their own gear bag. The team has a limited supply, and will hand out equipment on a seniority basis. Gear bags should contain:
- Mesh gear bag
- Paddles (Strokemaker)
- Pull Buoy
- Swim Snorkel
- Water Bottle
- Kickboard (optional)
Other team gear that athletes may wish to purchase from MI Sports include parkas, warm-ups, and bags.
Athletes will be provided with a team t-shirt free of charge. Parents, families, and friends may purchase t-shirts from MI Sports at the time of suit purchase.
Mark your calendars:
- Wednesday, February 27, 5:00 PM - MI Sports @ WHS Pool for team suit, gear, and apparel orders
- Wednesday, February 27, 5:30 PM - Parent info meeting @ WHS Pool
- Tuesday, March 5, 5:00 PM - Maroon vs. Gold Intersquad
- Wednesday, March 6 - first team dinner, details TBD
- Thursday, March 7, 5:00 PM - home opener (Broomfield @ Windsor)
See all information on our Preseason Information Flier
Athletic Registration is Open
Athletic registration for Spring Sports is now open. You must have completed registration by Monday, February 25 to participate. Avoid the lines, register today! Start at WindsorWizards.org >> click on Spring Sports Registration.
Preseason Starts Monday, Feb 11
Preseason camp is here. Camp is entirely optional, but highly recommended. Swimming starts on Monday, February 11, after school. Diving starts on Tuesday, February 19, after school.
Mark Your Calendars
Mark your calendars for the following dates:
- Friday, February 22, 5:00 PM -- team open house at Riley Miller's house. Address available at practice.
- Monday, February 25 - Spring season officially starts. Athletic registration required.
- Wednesday, February 27 - Team suit orders due. Parent Meeting at 5:30 PM.
- Tuesday, March 5 - Maroon v. Gold Intersquad @ 5:00 PM
- Thursday, March 7 - First meet
- Wednesday, May 29 - End of Season Awards Banquet
Preseason swim and dive camps are just around the corner. Preseason camps are optional, but strongly encouraged for swimmers and divers who haven't been training.
|1st Official Day
Team Suit Orders
Parent Mtg: 5:30
All swimmers and divers must have athletic registration complete by Monday, February 25!
It may seem like winter, but swim and dive season is just around the corner. In fact, the first official day of spring season is Monday, February 25! Are you ready?
- Sports Physical - you must have a current sports physical that was conducted within the last year on file with the school. Ideally, the physical should be dated after May 18, 2018, as that will cover our entire season. If you don't have a current physical, or if it will expire soon, make an appointment with your healthcare provider today!
- Athletics Registration - in addition to a current sports physical, you'll need to complete your Windsor HS athletics registration. The window usually opens up in early- to mid-February, so keep watching WindsorWizards.org and the school's daily announcements for more information. You may not participate in official practices or meets without completing registration.
- Gear Check - if you've stayed active in the pool, you probably have a pretty good handle on the status of your suit, but if the last time you looked at your suit was as you took it off after Conference or State, you may have some work to do. Does your practice suit fit, or is it time for a new one? While you're at it, how about your goggles? It may be time to visit your local swim shop or sporting goods store. While you're there, remember that we highly encourage swimmers to have their own equipment (limited equipment is available for checkout if necessary)
- Mesh gear bag
- Swim snorkel
- Pull buoy
If you have questions on any of the items listed above, don't hesitate to reach out to a member of the coaching staff! We're looking forward to seeing you soon. Optional preseason starts on Monday, February 11 for swimmers and Tuesday, February 19 for divers.
The 2019 Season Schedule has been posted on our website at windsorwizards.org.
Please note that all meets are subject to change, and some meets, especially invitationals, are best guesses as to dates/times. For that reason, athletes and parents are strongly encouraged to utilize windsorwizards.org as the primary schedule source -- printed schedules may be out of date! Of note, the Longmont Centennial Pool has been closed due to flooding-related damage since August 2018. As a result, and depending on repair progress, the 3/21 dual meet at Silver Creek may be switched to a home meet.
Why doesn't the schedule on WindsorWizards.org match the schedule on MaxPreps.com?
Our official site, WindsorWizards.org, affords a greater degree of flexibility with regards to meet schedules. MaxPreps is the official state qualifier database for CHSAA and cannot contain extraneous information. As such, a meet with multiple sessions (e.g., diving on Friday and swimming on Saturday) will be represented as two entries on WindsorWizards.org but only one entry for the entire meet on MaxPreps.com.
Why do some meets have a score of "N/A" on WindsorWizards.org?
Because meet scores are based on the entire meet, individual meet sessions (e.g., prelims or diving only) will not reflect a score on our schedule. Only the last session of a particular meet will show a score.
When are meet results uploaded to MaxPreps?
It is the meet host's responsibility to upload results to MaxPreps. For home meets, we upload the results as part of the meet closeout process before leaving the pool (within minutes of the end of the meet). For away meets, results uploads have varied from almost immediate to a few weeks post-meet.
This year's schedule looks different? What's with our conference?
Windsor High School participates with the 4A Northern Conference for men's swimming and diving. Our conference consists of:
- Estes Park
- Greeley West*
- Mountain View (Loveland)
- Silver Creek (Longmont)
- Thompson Valley (Loveland)
- Valley (Gilcrest)
* denotes new to the conference this year
Will my athlete participate in all meets?
CHSAA limits swimmers and divers to a maximum of 11 meets exclusive of Conference and State Championship meets. It is entirely possible that we will schedule more than 11 meets, then determine the best meets for each athlete. If a team member will forced to miss a meet for a school-related activity, it is important to inform the coaching staff as soon as possible so that this can be taking into account while planning for meets.
Attention all men's swimmers and divers! Several swimmers and divers from our women's team helped time our meets last year -- it's time to return the favor. Please mark these home meets on your calendar and help out by timing:
|Thursday, Dec 6||vs. Longmont HS||5:00 PM|
|Thursday, Dec 13||vs. Silver Creek HS||5:00 PM|
|Saturday, Dec 22||Holiday Spectacular||10:00 AM|
|Tuesday, Jan 15||vs. Fossil Ridge||5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Jan 22||vs. Niwot||5:00 PM|
|Thursday, Jan 24||vs. Broomfield||5:00 PM|
Please be at least 20 minutes early so that you can help time.
Thanks in advance! We're excited to help support our swimming and diving friends!
We have a handful of W Monuments remaining. These beautiful pieces were custom made for Windsor High School Swimming and Diving, and are roughly 12" wide, 8-10" high, and 4" deep.
W Monuments are a great way to show off your Windsor Pride and make an excellent gift.
To purchase, contact Coach Trevor.
Our brand new pool is almost ready to go! Please join us for a short opening celebration. Windsor HS swimmers and divers are invited to join us for the inaugural pool jump.
Date: Monday, November 12, 2018
Time: 3:30 PM
Location: Windsor HS Pool
We're looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Note: Until the season officially starts, the meet schedule posted online is tentative and subject to change.
We are excited to introduce the Teams app by Max Preps. The Teams app will be used throughout the season for communication. To register, download the app (iOS | Android). Once installed, launch the app and follow instructions to create an account. Our team code is: BANJO-PURDA
If you do not wish to use the Teams app, communications will also be posted online at https://www.windsorwizards.org.
Download Teams from your app store: